Hi. I am Barry Joseph.I am the Associate Director For Digital Learning at the American Museum of Natural History. This is where I talk about my adventures @AMNH and explore issues related to digital media and museum-based learning. I feature original interviews, thought pieces, and highlights from my work and those of my colleagues at the AMNH. Find me on Twitter (@MMMooshme).
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- New CNET Article on Use of Telepresence Robots in Cultural Halls August 7, 2017
- June Update: Miniature Golf, Martian-style (or, adventures in mixed reality) July 19, 2017
- Gutsy Video Review by Zee Garcia June 8, 2017
- Gamifying the Museum with NYU Game Center Graduate Students May 10, 2017
- Our work in the Verge: “20,000-year Old Artifacts, 21st Century Technology” May 10, 2017
Tag Cloud#AAM2016 #scienceFTW 3d modelling 3d printing amnh audioboo augmented activity guide augmented reality badges capturing dinosaurs card game card games clive thompson crime scene neanderthal data visualization digital fabrication digital learning week DML2013 dreams of the haida child edge project field museum games gutsy hololens killer snails Maker Faire NYC micromuseum microrangers minecraft Minecraft at the Museum mobile mobile apps mobile games NC Museum of Natural Sciences neanderthals object-oriented pterosaurs roaming telepresence robots SciBullUpdate tinyteddy video video bridge video games virtual reality voicethread
Top Posts & Pages
- Introducing My New Position at the American Museum of Natural History
- I Am Joining the AMNH & What’s It To You
- Back to the Future: From Wunderkammer to Contemporary Museum
- A Critique of the Zoo App Shutterbugs, or "On Second Thought, Maybe This App Doesn't Suck"...
- The Shedd Aquarium, Minecraft, and Virtual Piranha: An Interview with Wade Berger
Search Results for: pterosaurs
I am excited to be able to share with you the video previously available only within our pterosaurs exhibit. It promotes both our exhibit app and the augmented component of Pterosaurs: The Card Game. Enjoy and please share.
Ricardo Mutuberria, from the Museum’s Global Business Development, sat down during the press briefing for our current special exhibit – Pterosaurs: Flight in the Age of Dinosaurs – with a few of the #scienceFTW youth participants to learn a bit … Continue reading
At last week’s 11th Annual Games For Change Festival, I had the opportunity to run into my good media buddy Adam Balkin, from NY1. He was the first to report on G4C when it first began and he has never … Continue reading
This Saturday was a blast. More than a dozen awesome people associated with the Museum come out to staff the AMNH booth at the (get ready!) Games For Change Arcade at the Tribeca Film Festival’s Tribeca Family Street Fair. And … Continue reading
All I can say is WOW! This morning I delivered a box of Pterosaurs: The Card Game to the AMNH store (where all profits go to the Museum). By the end of the day I could see the decks available … Continue reading
Below is a copy of the Museum’s press release, apparently no. 29.2 (as labelled at the bottom), focusing on Pterosaurs: The Card Game. Forgive me, but I had to share with all of you and kvell. AMERICAN MUSEUM OF NATURAL … Continue reading
Today was a big day for Pterosaurs: The Card Game, the project we co-developed with youth in our #scienceFTW program. Actually, it was a big day for pterosaurs, as this morning we held our press briefing to introduce our new … Continue reading