We’re appreciative of Becky Ferreira‘s recent coverage in Vice’s Motherboard of a variety of efforts around AMNH to explore how games can enhance the visitor experience – from exhibit-based interactives (Flap Like a Pterosaurs), Hall-based games (MicroRangers), to tabletop gaming (Gutsy). I hope coverage like this helps advance the dialogue around the intersection of museums and games-based learning. Check the full piece out here (How Games Are Changing the Museum Experience) or read it in full below.
Hi. I am Barry Joseph.I am the Associate Director For Digital Learning, Youth Initiatives, at the American Museum of Natural History. This is where I talk about my adventures @AMNH and explore issues related to digital media and museum-based learning. I feature original interviews, thought pieces, and highlights from my work and those of my colleagues at the AMNH. Find me on Twitter (@MMMooshme).
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Coverage in Vice’s Motherboard: “How Games Are Changing the Museum Experience” May 2, 2016
- Check out this INSANE Hollywood-style MicroRangers Trailer April 16, 2016
- NYTimes promotes MicroRangers in “Solving Mysteries at the AMNH, Smartphone in Hand” April 14, 2016
- Promotional Coverage for “Game On! MicroRangers Competition” Begins in the New York Observer April 12, 2016
- What is, or was, the MWXX Pop-up Museum? April 9, 2016
Tag Cloud#scienceFTW 3d modelling 3d printing amnh audioboo augmented activity guide augmented reality badges capturing dinosaurs card game card games clive thompson crime scene neanderthal data visualization digital fabrication digital learning week DML2013 edge project field museum follow me games google glass gutsy killer snails maker-faire makerbot Maker Faire NYC micromuseum microrangers minecraft Minecraft at the Museum mobile mobile apps mobile games morphobank NC Museum of Natural Sciences neanderthals object-oriented pterosaurs tinyteddy video video bridge video games voicethread YouthCaN
Top Posts & Pages
- Coverage in Vice's Motherboard: "How Games Are Changing the Museum Experience"
- Digital R&D at the Met's MediaLab: An interview with Marco Castro Cosio & Neal Stimler
- Both Sides of the Screen: Museums Seeking Balance in a Digital Age
- Using Museum Carts to Support Visitor Interaction with Augmented Objects
- MicroRangers To The Rescue! A new mobile app from the Museum brings an invisible world to life