Hi. I am Barry Joseph.I am the Associate Director For Digital Learning at the American Museum of Natural History. This is where I talk about my adventures @AMNH and explore issues related to digital media and museum-based learning. I feature original interviews, thought pieces, and highlights from my work and those of my colleagues at the AMNH. Find me on Twitter (@MMMooshme).
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Gamifying the Museum with NYU Game Center Graduate Students May 10, 2017
- Our work in the Verge: “20,000-year Old Artifacts, 21st Century Technology” May 10, 2017
- April Update: A Virtual Shark You Can Hold in Your Hand May 5, 2017
- Using Mobile VR to Convey WONDER: An Interview with Sara Snyder, the Chief of the Media and Technology Office at the Smithsonian American Art Museum May 4, 2017
- Lessons Learned in the Iterative Design Process with AR Constellation May 2, 2017
Tag Cloud#AAM2016 #scienceFTW 3d modelling 3d printing amnh audioboo augmented activity guide augmented reality badges capturing dinosaurs card game card games clive thompson crime scene neanderthal data visualization digital fabrication digital learning week DML2013 dreams of the haida child edge project field museum games gutsy hololens killer snails maker-faire Maker Faire NYC micromuseum microrangers minecraft Minecraft at the Museum mobile mobile apps mobile games NC Museum of Natural Sciences neanderthals object-oriented pterosaurs SciBullUpdate tinyteddy video video bridge video games virtual reality voicethread
Top Posts & Pages
- April Update: A Virtual Shark You Can Hold in Your Hand
- Gamifying the Museum with NYU Game Center Graduate Students
- Interview with Brenda Hernandez, National Museum of Mexican Art: “In an homago state of mind”
- How Museums Prepare for the Arrival of the Future: an Interview with Elizabeth Merritt from the Center for the Future of Museums
- Our work in the Verge: "20,000-year Old Artifacts, 21st Century Technology"
Tag Archives: pterosaurs
I am excited to be able to share with you the video previously available only within our pterosaurs exhibit. It promotes both our exhibit app and the augmented component of Pterosaurs: The Card Game. Enjoy and please share.
Ricardo Mutuberria, from the Museum’s Global Business Development, sat down during the press briefing for our current special exhibit – Pterosaurs: Flight in the Age of Dinosaurs – with a few of the #scienceFTW youth participants to learn a bit … Continue reading
The Institute of Play produced this awesome new video from the Games For Change Public Arcade at the Tribeca Family Fair. AMNH had a great time participating (check our our post here) and we’re honored to have such a prominent … Continue reading
Returning to the Games, Learning and Society Conference (this will be my seventh one!) always feels like a type of homecoming reunion. Since the conference began ten years ago – within a collection of graduate schools at University of Wisconsin … Continue reading
At last week’s 11th Annual Games For Change Festival, I had the opportunity to run into my good media buddy Adam Balkin, from NY1. He was the first to report on G4C when it first began and he has never … Continue reading
This Saturday was a blast. More than a dozen awesome people associated with the Museum come out to staff the AMNH booth at the (get ready!) Games For Change Arcade at the Tribeca Film Festival’s Tribeca Family Street Fair. And … Continue reading
All I can say is WOW! This morning I delivered a box of Pterosaurs: The Card Game to the AMNH store (where all profits go to the Museum). By the end of the day I could see the decks available … Continue reading